Sunday 24 November 2013

My Utopia

please don't judge me

Google definition: an imagined place/state of things in which everything is perfect

+ to understand with perfection there must be imperfections
   - for there to be good there must be bad
+ for things to be perfect there has to be bad going on to determine the difference
+ so by my thinking there can't be a Utopia
+ when I think of Utopia I automatically think of Doctor Who (because I am a Who-er) where Dr YANA (AKA The Master) makes a paradox machine and turns the people of the future into killing machines in the past - which is definitely not Utopia (unless you're a crazed Time Lord)

So I can't really imagine an ideal world, because despite it's many flaws, to me Earth is perfect

Obviously I could say
 - no more wars/violence
 - no global warming
 - no poverty
 - etc.
but without all these disastrous problems in the world you wouldn't be able to see the good

but then again I'm not an idealist so that's just my vies

many people want to change the world but all I can say is we did it to ourselves - why change it at all
I won't say "don't fix what isn't broken" because Earth is definitely broken, but no one is perfect
human beings are all broken no matter who they are

No comments:

Post a Comment