Thursday 3 October 2013

1st Lecture of the Year

First lecture of the year!! 

- had a talk through the assignment brief - lots to do if I want to do well :)
two types of assessment - formative and summertive tasks - formative task isn't marked - summertive task is - both have to be completed as evidence to pass the assessment 

F - task is a group presentation
S - task is a Crafts in Context journal

which is where this blog comes in, this is my journal :) now I'm not sure how well it's going to turn out but I'm hopeful :)

my notes:

What is Craft?


Is craft defined by what it isn't?
- not art
- not design


- is this a beard???

beards are usually defined as facial hair, but this is a neck beard so is it actually a beard? 


Garth Clark thinks craft has to link with something else

recommended - Richard Sennett - 'The Craftsman' and 'Together'

No comments:

Post a Comment